WHY THE UK ?
The United Kingdom hosts some of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world—four of the top ten universities in the world are in the UK. If you opt to study there, you will no doubt reap the benefits of its competitive learning environment.
There is so much to do, see and learn about in the UK. From ancient landmarks and castles, to contemporary bustling cities, and don’t forget Scotland and Wales—you’ll never be short of somewhere to explore on your breaks.
Let us help you find a right University/Program/Career Abroad
The UK is a kind and welcoming country to immigrants, which makes it a popular destination for international students.!
- Get a world-renowned education: Universities in the UK are competitive, globally-recognized and helping to lead the world in research and education, obtaining a degree here would no-doubt offer a competitive edge wherever your next step is!
- Uncomplicated admission requirements: Universities in the UK have eased up as they now provide admission without GRE/GMAT/IELTS and up to 50% marks accepted.
- Financial support: There is assistance in securing an internship for UG and PG programs, and the UK offers many generous scholarships and bursaries to international students. Students are also able to get a part-time job during their study.
The UK also offers the chance to get a degree in a short amount of time, with master’s degree only requiring one year. Master’s students also have the ability to get a family visa.
- Work while you study: Students are able to experience the UK employment system and support themselves through part-time jobs (20hrs) during their studies and full-time (40hrs) during vacation.
- Easily stay after graduating: International students are able to stay in the UK to find employment for 2 years at any job after graduation. PhD students are now allowed 3 years.
- Obtaining Permanent Residency: PR is available to students through securing an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) Visa, usually available after 5 years of working in their field after graduation.
As of January 2021, there’s a new points-based immigration system, making it much easier to stay, live & work once you graduate based on your field of study! Ask us for more info about the new changes.
There are three major intakes for institutions in the UK:
- Term 1: September (which lasts until December)
- Term 2: January (until April)
- Term 3: April (until June)
We recommend applications to be submitted at least 3 months prior to the start date to avoid last minute hassles.
Academic Requirements for the UK
Note: Requirements my vary based on institution & program
Diploma, Advanced Diploma
12th/Equivalent with 50-55% (Percentage requirements may vary based on institutions)
IELTS 6.0 (Min 5.5), TOEFL: 79
Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree & Honours Bachelor Degree
12th/Equivalent with 60% (Percentage requirements may vary based on institutions)
IELTS 6.0 (Min 5.5), TOEFL: 79
Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma & Master’s Degrees
Minimum 12th + 3 Year Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree with 55% (Master’s Degree holders can apply as a specialization option)
IELTS 6.0 (Min 5.5), TOEFL: 88
Master’s By Research
Bachelor/Master degree in relevant field
Students must submit their Master’s Course projects report copy & research topics to the university. But seek individual requirements based on your institution of choice.
There are 142 universities in the UK for international students. If you’re looking for a particular program or school, get in touch with us and we can assist you along the way!
Check out some of these popular universities in the UK:
- Ulster University, Northern Ireland & England
- Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham, England
- Hertfordshire University, Hatfield, England
- Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland
- University of East London
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Middlesex University
- De Montfort University
- Bedfordshire University
- Chester University
- University of West London
- BPP University
- Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Greenwich, London
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Coventry University
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Leicester
- University of West of Scotland
- University of Liverpool
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- University of Suffolk – Ipswich Campus
- Oxford brooks University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Bucks New University
- Rhoempton University
- Northumbria University
- University of Lincoln
- University of Law
- Bath Spa University
- Cumbria University
- University College Birmingham
- University of Bristol, Bristol, England
Tuition and cost of living will vary in the UK depending on what city you’re in and course of study.
Typical price range for UK institutions:
On-campus housing: £4,000-£5,000 annually
Apartment share: £150-£600/monthly
Rights to work & financial aid
International students are allowed to work part-time while studying in the UK. For more assistance there are also lots of scholarships and grants available to international students, please get in touch for more info!
After graduating, there are more options to live and work, including a 2 or 3 year stay back (see Post-Study Work Visa for more info).
We’re here to help!
We have been assisting and representing students wanting to study internationally since 2006. Our experienced team stays up-to-date with current visa/immigration laws and can offer advice, and ensure a smooth visa process so we can get you to your destination without any of the hassle.
What We Need From You:
- Transcripts & degrees certificates
- English proficiency score card
- Copy of valid passport
- Statement of purpose/personal statement
- CV and any work experience
If you need advice or would like assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our representatives: email@example.com or +91 994 6791000
LIFE in UK
What People Say
How real people said about Universal Migration.
“ Thank You, Universal team, for making my abroad study dream come true. Your crew has helped me to find the best university and program. I am glad to get a scholarship and other benefits from the university through you guys. ”
“ Universal has helped to process my Canada partner visa. Since my husband is totally busy in Canada I was worried about the visa application and submission of mine and child. Universal’s experienced visa team has given all the guidance and documentation for our visa process and successfully issued my visa without any delay. ”
“ I am one of the oldest customers of Universal. I approached universal for carrier guidance to select the right stream soon after my study. The proper guidance I have got then has helped me to settle in my life. Now I have a big list of visas I have processed through Universal that includes my work permit, my partner’s visa, my child’s UK passport, my family PR, my UK Citizenship, and now my parent’s long term visit visa. It is a long journey with Universal since 2006 and I can blindly recommend them to any person for the quality service they are providing for the last 10 years. ”