Australia is known to be one of the most popular international student destinations in the world. With a great culture, comfortable climate, exciting big cities, exotic animals and scenic landscape, it is a great progressive melting pot to meet locals and other international students.
The standard of living is high, the place has a friendly culture and the cost of living is affordable compared to many other leading countries. Finding employment during or after studies is very feasible with plenty of opportunities and a growing market.
Let us help you find a right University/Program/Career Abroad
Australia is home to some of the top universities in the world
Ground-breaking research: Australian educational institutions are joining the ranks with other top institutions around the world, helping to lead the way in technology & scientific research.
- Quality assurance: With the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act in effect, Australia is held accountable to ensure high standards & protection for international students.
- Globally recognized: Getting an Australian degree holds a lot of prestige around the world, which makes it easier to pursue further higher education as well as your career goals.
- Pursue a life in Australia after graduation:The possibility to live and work in Australia after your graduation is high. This is one of the reasons why it’s ranked the third most popular study abroad destination in the world.
Secure Your Future
Among the prospering job market, the ability to get a family status or stay in Australia after graduation is quite easy.
Exciting Changes to Post Study Work Stream Visa (PSWV)
With recent visa changes, you can now apply to live and work in Australia easily after graduation. The only requirement for this is you must have a degree from a course listed in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions & Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and fulfil the English language proficiency.
Visas are available for different lengths of time depending on where you graduated and what type of degree you received:
- In Major Cities (Sydney, Brisbane & Melbourne), graduates are offered 2 years after completing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- For Master’s by Research graduates, it’s 3 years.
- For PhD graduates, it’s 4 years.
Extend Your Stay-Back
There are extra incentives for International graduates from regional universities (and some colleges) in Australia:
- Graduates are eligible for 5 extra points when applying for permanent residency.
- There is an extra year extension available for your post-study work visa from Major Regional Centres(Such as Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Sunshine Coast, Newcastle, Geelong & Hobart).
- For places classified as Other Regional Areas, graduates are offered an extra 2 year extension to their post-study work visa.
Living in a regional city in Australia doesn’t mean boring. Many of these cities like Perth & the Gold Coast are gaining prominence among students, with plenty happening in the arts & culture scene. There are also more job opportunities and lower rents/cost of living.
- Major intakes happen February & July. May, September & November Intakes are also available for specialty courses.
- Private Institutions have February, May, July; September & November intakes for courses and some also have monthly intakes.
We recommend applications to be submitted at least 3 months prior to the start date to avoid last minute hassles
Academic Requirements for Australia
Note: Requirements my vary based on institution & program
Diploma, Advanced Diploma
12th/Equivalent (Percentage requirements may vary based on institutions). IELTS 5.5 (Min 5), PTE : 50 (min 42), TOEFL: 75 (Min 16).
Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree & Honours Bachelor Degree
12th/Equivalent (Percentage requirements may vary based on institutions). IELTS 6.0 (Min 5.5), PTE : 50 (min 50), TOEFL: 75 (Min 19).
Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma & Master’s Degrees
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Percentage requirements may vary based on Institutions). IELTS 6.0 (Min 5.5), PTE : 50 (min 50), TOEFL: 75 (Min 19).
Master’s By Research
Bachelor/Master degree in relevant field
Students must submit their Master’s Course projects report copy & research topics to the university. But seek individual requirements based on your institution of choice.
- Australian Catholic University
- Australian National University
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Torrens University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of Melbourne
- University of New England
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
Average expenses in Australia
Typical price range for Australian institutions:
For undergraduates, it could range from AU$15,000-$33,000. For post-graduates/Master’s it could be between AU$20,000-$37,000 and for PhD students, it could range from AU$14,000-$37,000
- Hostels & Guesthouses – $90 to $150 per week
- Shared Rental – $85 to $215 per week
- On campus – $90 to $280 per week
- Homestay – $235 to $325 per week
- Rental – $165 to $440 per week
- Boarding schools – $11,000 to $22,000 a year
Right to Work
International graduate/post-graduate students are allowed to work part-time (up to 20hrs/week) while studying in Australia.
After graduating, there are more options to live and work (see Post-Study Work Visa for more detailed information):
- Bachelor’s Degree: Can apply for a 2 year stay-back visa upon graduation to live and work, (with an extra year incentive from regional institutions), with the chances at extension if studying in a regional area.
- Master’s Degree: Can apply for a 2 year stay-back visa with the chance at extension if studying in a regional area.
- Master’s in Research: Can apply for a 3 year stay-back visa
- PhD: Can apply for a 4 year stay-back visa
We’re here to help!
We have been assisting and representing students wanting to study internationally since 2006. Our experienced team stays up-to-date with current visa/immigration laws and can offer advice, and ensure a smooth visa process so we can get you to your destination without any of the hassle.
What We Need From You:
- Transcripts & degrees certificates
- English proficiency score card
- Copy of valid passport
- Statement of purpose/personal statement
- CV and any work experience
If you need advice or would like assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our representatives: firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 994 6791000
What People Say
Hear how Universal Studies & Immigration has helped others achieve their goals!
Harsimrat Kaur Jhand, Punjab
“Thank you universal team for my masters admission at Ulster university UK. I had UK and Europe student visa refusal before approaching universal. They have processed my case well professionally and convinced the university and embassy that I am a genuine student.”
Jeevan Kumar, Punjab
“Thank you very much Universal team.”
Ann Jerry Pereira
“ Thanks, Universal, for fulfilling my dream to Study Abroad.”
“ Thank You, Universal team, for making my abroad study dream come true. Your crew has helped me to find the best university and program. I am glad to get a scholarship and other benefits from the university through you guys. ”
“ Universal has helped to process my Canada partner visa. Since my husband is totally busy in Canada I was worried about the visa application and submission of mine and child. Universal’s experienced visa team has given all the guidance and documentation for our visa process and successfully issued my visa without any delay. ”
“ I am one of the oldest customers of Universal. I approached universal for carrier guidance to select the right stream soon after my study. The proper guidance I have got then has helped me to settle in my life. Now I have a big list of visas I have processed through Universal that includes my work permit, my partner’s visa, my child’s UK passport, my family PR, my UK Citizenship, and now my parent’s long term visit visa. It is a long journey with Universal since 2006 and I can blindly recommend them to any person for the quality service they are providing for the last 10 years. ”